Service Technician (In Training)
Southern Tire Mart is your source for America’s favorite quality brands. At locations throughout the southern United States, we continue the mission we began in 1973 to serve families and businesses with the best passenger and commercial tires on the market. And, to provide you the latest in parts and products at the best prices with unparalleled service. Whether you’re looking for semi-truck tires or car tires, you’ll find just what you need right here and you’ll discover why Southern Tire Mart is North America’s #1 Commercial Tire Store!
The service technicians’ job is to perform tire service and repair work as well as basic general service functions on customer vehicles (all sizes), fleet inspections, assist with scrap tires and other duties as required. This position will provide you with a company service truck to perform duties.
· Mounting, balancing, rotating, and repairing all types of tires from passenger, light trucks, large trucks to industrial.
· Troubleshoot, Diagnose, and Repair Semi-Truck and Trailers to include but not limited to: Commercial Tires, HVAC, Brakes, Steering & Suspension, PM Inspections, Drive Train, and Electrical
· Responsible for safe operation of company vehicles including compliance with speed and traffic regulations
· Fleet inspections
· Participates in training, follows safety procedures, job duties and company policies
· Preferred Ability to drive a service truck (F-350) to an onsite location where customer is broken down
· Load and unload stock and assist with physical inventory.
· Work with tire TPMS (Tire Pressure Management System)
· Participates in training, follows safety procedures, job duties and company policies.
· Any other duties as assigned.
Skills / Education / Requirements:
· Must pass pre-employment drug screen
· Experience with heavy duty/commercial tires preferred, but not required.
· Must be 18 years of age or older
· Must be able to lift and/or move tires weighing between 30-250 lbs. with or without mechanical assistance.
· Repetitive and sustained exertions, forceful exertions, awkward postures, mechanical stress concentrations, vibrations.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
· 401K Matching
· Health Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Life Insurance
· Vision Insurance